FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:02 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1KSpouse
Thank you very much!!! I had initially done my search for business class and forgot to change the calendar to economy to see alternate dates. I do see some options there (from LAX) so I will go through them more closely.

Thank you also for the info on watching the fare buckets. I'm currently looking into how to see the buckets for both this flight and future options.
Happy to help. :-)

For the inventory buckets, you want Expert Mode. Here's a board thread about it: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...cket-data.html . The first post in the thread includes a link to the instructions on how to turn it on.

Note that when you're trying to figure out information on one particular flight, you need to do a paid ticket search just for that flight. So, if you're trying to figure out how much inventory there is on the EWR-FCO flight, you want to do a search just for EWR-FCO, even though that's not how you'd actually purchase it. Expert Mode doesn't work on award searches, and you'll get different values if you search from origin to destination (e.g., LAX to FCO) than you'll get if you search leg by leg.

Good luck!

PS: The award calendar often has false negatives. You should definitely click on a day even if it says "not available." Click the column headers to sort any available awards to the top. Also, make sure that you're logged in with the account you're going to use. Again, I'm assuming that account has status -- if so, you may get considerably more availability that you won't see if you're logged out.