FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PSA: Beware booking Row 3 on new A319/320 First Class
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:24 am
PVDtoDEL

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MAH4546

Eh, don’t think that’s true. Very recently - like last week - I was upgrade to Premium Class on an FAISEA flight then about an hour before takeoff saw I was downgraded to regular economy. Called AS asked what’s up, turns out I was upgraded to First at some point, removed from first and put back in regular economy and back on the Premium upgrade list. AS fixed everything and put me back in my first class seat in a full cabin. It took less than 10 minutes. I don’t think a US3 carrier would have done that.
If you mean that you don't think a US3 carrier would have such terrible IT that this type of situation would arise, I'd somewhat agree, although all the CRSs have bugs. If you mean that you don't think a US3 would have reinstated your F seat (with F available) after an invol downgrade, then I completely disagree.

As Channa would say, a lot of AS' reputation of having "great customer service" is PNW customers having unnecessarily low expectations, allowing AS to easily exceed them. In the rest of the country, customers would be complaining about the crap IT that caused 10 minutes wasted on the phone, even after the satisfactory resolution of the problem.