FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Waiver - San Francisco Weather 1-2 Feb 2019
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:46 am
cheme24

I was flying PIT-SFO yesterday and my flight was delayed by approximately 2.5 hours due to bad weather in SFO. Then, when we got close to SFO we could not get permission to land, so the flight was diverted to SJC. We spent about an hour and a half there getting refueled and not really knowing what the situation was. Ground crew came on the plane to talk to the pilots, and thats when several passengers went to the front to try and plead with them to let them out at SJC, but this was a no go because we did not have a gate. Eventually we took off again and landed in SFO about 5 hours after the original scheduled arrival time. Obviously this was a huge inconvenience to everyone, but it was supposedly caused by bad weather. Should I expect some sort of compensation from United? Should I ask them? Thank you for your help.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 2019 at 11:53 am Reason: moved to existing thread