FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tanzania and the Serengeti
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:38 am
cyru5

We were searching for a Tanzania safari the last weeks and compared over 10 tour companies/itineraries to find the best price for most of the value.

It hardly depends on where to go and which level of accommodations. Of course, some operators take more profit than others.
- For the level of accommodations, it goes like this: tent - tented camps - lodges - hotels. Increasing in price.
- Accommodations outside of national parks are much cheaper than inside. Especially in Serengeti, they are higher priced.
- August is a good time of the year in Tanzania (warm, no rain, migration in the north of Serengeti)

In general, you have to consider round about $500-$550 per day for mid-range accommodation and $650-$700 per day for semi-luxury.
So 3-4 days would be roughly $2000 for one person.

Please note that the way into Central Serengeti takes some time. So going from Arusha to Central and then to North Serengeti (where the big migration is in August) and going back in 3-4days is nearly impossible.
There is the option to fly back from North Serengeti to Arusha, but this will cost around $300 additionally.

If you tell me more about what you want to see and whats your comfort level of accommodations I can help you with some prices.
I can also give you our feelings about the different tour operators and where we booked our tour.