FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding [2000-2019]
Old Feb 2, 2019, 11:59 pm
sethb
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
You decided to go to the airport to be put on the list...then you got to the gate the next day? Does this mean you went to the airport the day before your flight?
If the couple at $500 each rescinded their offer, I would have expected Delta to then compensate you more than $400.
When my original purchase was main cabin, I have never been able to be VDB'd into F when there is no Y available on the alternate flight.
I've gotten on the VDB list by checking in on a computer (using the full website, not the app).

I've gotten F on a VDB for a purchased Y ticket. Sometimes, I've gotten it when Y was available on the new flight (with a cooperative gate agent and only lousy Y seats available, with me showing a reluctance to accept if I have to take a middle seat in the back).

Once, I had used a RUC to get upgraded, and did a VDB to a connection on which there were only F seats available on both flights. After I flew, I got the RUC back because I'd have been in F anyway for taking the VDB, so the RUC was effectively unused. This is not supposed to be possible, so don't expect to be able to do it.