FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Likelihood Marriott will Take Away Lounge Access from Platinum During Next Downgrade?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:42 pm
Nuhusky

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
Although I’d say it would be pretty dumb of Marriott to remove this benefit for platinum I would actually be in favor of such a change

im looking for Marriott to distinguish titanium over lower tiers and right now there isn’t enough “do you know who I am” with titanium

if a plat shows up to the same hotel before me, they get my upgrade and they get into the lounge. Why did I spend more money at Marriott to get the same treatment as a plat

unless Marriott is willing to give a titanium more I’m in favor of taking away from others to make top status more valuable

i think how airlines do status makes sense. My upgrade for a plane seat is based on status tier and then dollar spend in that tier. If two platinums show up for a room the person who gets it should be the one who spends the most money not the first to check in. Similarily a titanium should always get the upgrade over a platinum, no questions asked

until marriott gets this right, take away platinum benefits please

for what it’s worth, I know my opinion won’t be popular

Last edited by Nuhusky; Feb 2, 2019 at 7:47 pm