FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OW Lounge Finder
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:10 pm
Pumplekin

Location: Almost exactly equally distant from LCY, LGW and LHR.
Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Those are listing the official "recommended" lounges of each airline in the case of somewhere like T3.

As these T3 lounges are operated by the respective oneworld airlines though, standard oneworld eligibility applies. You can, with a biz ticket or oneworld sapphire membership go to any of the T3, oneworld operated biz lounges. Similarly for a first ticket / oneworld emerald membership to any of the first class lounges.

Where you need to care about it is in places where the lounge is a third party lounge. Then, one oneworld airline may have a contract with them, but another may not. An example of this is Tallinn (TLL). It is an airport run lounge (so not run by a oneworld airline), and you will get access flying Finnair, but not flying BA. I know this is a bit moot because BA will stop flying to TLL in April anyway, but it is the only current example I could think of. I used to run into it a lot flying to Porto (OPO) but BA do now contract the lounge.

Oneworld eligibility rules only apply when the lounge is actually operated by a oneworld airline.