FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:20 pm
Qwkynuf

Originally Posted by flamingocrazyfl
I am a current Sky Club member and am considering getting the DL AMEX Reserve card. My current (paid) membership does not expire until June. Does anyone know what will happen to the remaining months? I’ve asked 2 SC reps and received 2 different answers. At first I was told the remaining months would be “suspended” and then reactivated later, should I ever cancel the Reserve card. The second rep I asked (just to confirm before getting the card) recommended that I wait until my membership expires as I would lose the remaining months. Can anyone here speak from experience on what will happen to the remaining months on my current membership?
I don't have a paid membership, but I am sure that I have read multiple times on here that it *used* to be that any remaining time on a paid membership was tacked onto the end of a complimentary membership, but that it had changed in the semi-recent past to be that the overlap was just discarded.

At any rate, the second agent was probably correct-ish in your particular case because the Reserve card only "grants access" to the Sky Clubs - it does not confer membership. Seems like a fine point of distinction, but that's what it is.

I think that, in real world terms, what would happen would be that you would continue to access the club under your paid membership, and when that expires they would switch over to using the card. The whole process would be invisible to you, but it wouldn't be necessarily true that you would "lose" the remaining months - you would just have overlap between two methods of access.