FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding [2000-2019]
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:07 pm
Paplover

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
TA is ticket agent at the counter where you check bags.
There was only 1 F and no Y seats for sale, I called the DM line and they confirmed the flight was over by 2.
Yes, for my Wednesday flight I went to the airport Tuesday afternoon to be put on the list.
DL will pay only what they have to. They got a second volunteer at $400 to replace the couple who dropped out.
One of the things often mentioned is that the VDB is a negotiation about $$, which flights and assigned cabin. If you don’t like the offer, you can push for what you want or decline. The caveat is someone else may accept less and replace you. In another case at this airport the GA told me they had one person at $300 for 1 and if I wanted to be picked I had to go lower, went $200 but they did not need anyone. This may be another change that the GA may be “encouraged” to go with the lowest bid if they are in the computer.
If the only available flights that day have only F, I don’t see why they will force someone to stay overnight rather than put them in F.