Old Feb 2, 19, 2:15 pm
SK2751

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Rebooking family&friends short haul VIPGO tickets essentially impossible

Just a warning that tickets bought in the family & friends campaigns (sold as SAS VIPGO) are not as rebookable as the other SK tickets in GO, even though they are not LIGHT (they include luggage). I just learnt it on the phone with an agent, who told me that these tickets are seen by their systems as youth fares, and they can only be re-booked to departures on which youth fare buckets are still available. These are not many departures, and definitely not all. (when I rebook I usually want a specific departure; the re-booking appears exactly when I am not flexible anymore).

And another bit of info: since I needed to rebook to a particular departure where there was no availability, I opted for cancelling the ticket, and buying a usual SK GOLIGHT ticket for the departure I need. Before I did that, I asked the agent to price a rebooking to another departure a day later, which was possible, and the cost of rebooking was in the range of 2000 DKK (the cost of buying a new GOLIGHT ticket on the flight I need was less than 1000 DKK plus I got a small refund of taxes from the cancelled ticket). So not only VIPGO is harder to rebook than usual GO tickets, it also seems particularly expensive to rebook.