FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time on Amtrak and first time using Penn/DC/Boston South Station: Acela Express
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:29 pm
DailyGrind

1. You’ll have lots of time. When they give you the track number, head down the central escalators to the lower level and you can get directly to the track from there and wait for the train. Avoids the whole idiotic line of death that most people wait in.

2. I’m sure the Red Caps can be called to the club to help if you need. Not a bad idea. Realizing that it’s second nature for me, you may need a little guidance.

3. Are you closer to 7th Avenue or 8th Avenue? If you’re coming in from 7th, you’ll have to walk clear through the station to get to the Club. It’s right by the entrance of 31st and 8th. It’s in a back corner. If you walk over by the NJ Transit/Amtrak ticket counters near track 8West, the entrance is stuffed in the corner.

DC:

1. 10-15 minutes I guess. Not sure where you’re coming from. If you’re off the Metro, you have to head upstairs. If you come in at street level, then from the main portico, walk straight through to the back. Union Station is big, but all the platforms are in the back.

2. The club is in the middle of the area where the gates are on the Street level. By Gates D and E. Again not really good directions. You’ll see an Amtrak info desk and if you walk around that, two big wooden doors. Ring the bell. They let you walk out early to the platform from there.

Tried to post links to pix of the entrances but I’m not permitted yet in this board. Someone may be able to that for you.

enjoy your trip