FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Hotel Recommendations (newer consolidated thread)
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:37 am
mike_la_jolla

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Originally Posted by BENLEE
My apologies. I must have recalled wrongly. But few years back, there were several case of heated debate over MO BKK dress code. Some posters were expressing profound indignation for being prevented to enter either the restaurants or the hotel compound due to perceived failure to meet the official dress code, while other posters defended the hotel's policy. Those threads end up getting locked.

While I am all for hotel guests being allowed to enjoy the premise in more comfortable and casual clothing ( a suit and tie is really passe in this day and age ) and not being bothered by security, I wonder sometimes where does one draw the line? I have seen guests having breakfast dressing like they just walked off the beach, T-shirt, shorts exposing hairy legs and slippers. And no, that's not in a beach resort. It's in a 5-star luxury city hotel and yes, in London. Worse, occasionally they have to put their legs up on another chair and exposing their feet.
I remember now. You confused MO Bangkok with MO Singapore. I did check out of the MO Singapore after a 'dress code violation'.