FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:21 am
Alacrity79

Originally Posted by kirax2
I've been hunting through this thread for the answer to this question to no avail (if anyone can suggest a different search term I should have used, I would appreciate it).

I was just approved for the Arrival Plus 70k bonus. I plan on spending over a thousand dollars on JRail passes for myself and my family next month. This will help me meet the minimum spend. After the points post, I plan on defraying the cost of the JR passes by applying the bonus points to the cost ($700, or rather $800 once the points from the minimum spend post). This will subtract $800 from the total amount I've spent so far on the card and take it down to $4200.

Will this cause any problems if I leave the amount spent on the card at $4200? I haven't seen any reports of clawbacks even on refunded tickets, so I'm guessing this will be all right, but I wanted to see what other people have to say. I'd rather not put an additional $800 spend on the card if I don't have to.
Just received my first statement. Total spend for the month was $5530 and the statement balance was $4720. On the transaction that put me over $5000 MSR, I was awarded an additional 70,000 miles on that transaction. Since MSR earned 10,000, I then had 80,000+ points available for redemption. I redeemed all available points against tickets purchased during MSR. Total statement credit $830+. Redeeming points earns an additional 5% so I immediately had 4,000 more miles. That plus organic spending the next month gave me another $101 travel credit.