FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where did my certs go?
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:39 am
rfrost

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Most of the major chains’ programs are closer to FPC than is LeClub Accor—of course, it wouldn’t take much— although not that close. For example, top tiers at Marriott, Hyatt, and Hilton all get guaranteed late checkout (with some exceptions), and, better than FPC, free breakfast (as do mid-tiers at Marriott and Hilton). IC has just made changes to its program, but if their footprint and the undisclosed spend requirements work for you, Royal Ambassadors get guaranteed early checkin (now at 10 rather than 8 am) and late checkout. Even lowly Ambassadors get guaranteed late checkout (although, in fairness, IC “guarantees” are being watered down significantly). Hyatt top tiers and mid & top tiers at Marriott get limited (more generous at Hyatt) confirmable suite upgrades.
i’ve gone with Marriott because of its coverage and because there are many SPG legacy properties I want to try, but that was more as a replacement for Hyatt(when WoH imposed a 60-night requirement) than for FPC. For now, I’ll continue to stay at my 1 or 2 favorite Fairmonts, where clearly any good treatment I receive is the result of my having been a frequent guest at those properties, rather than my “status” as a platinum in Accor’s no-real-benefits program.

Last edited by rfrost; Feb 12, 2019 at 5:22 pm