FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Transcon Service SFO-EWR/BOS, LAX-EWR flights-Questions&Experiences {Archive}
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:31 pm
HoyaSFOIAD

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvilly
I do most of my flying between SFO-EWR and SFO-BOS and am generally booking business — increasingly over $3k for a roundtrip ticket. I recently flew MINT on JetBlue and was generally impressed (new aircraft, good food, great entertainment and friendly FAs). The entire experience made we start thinking whether I should consider changing my preferred carrier. It could be JetBlue but would also consider DL as it seems like they have a very good premium product. I just feel that UA is charging a premium price for just a undifferentiated product. The p.s. product hasn’t really changed in a positive way since it was first introduced (same planes, food quality comes and goes) despite all the Polaris marketing hype (okay slightly better amenities and pillows).
I switched nearly all my SFO-NYC from UA to B6. Mint is a better product that can usually be found at a meaningful discount. United certainly doesn’t miss my business on that route because they keep filling the front of the plane on those utterly insane fares.