FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:51 pm
KRSW

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
. Saw reviews for the RI Midtown East which is right around the corner for the Renn 57, reviews are glowing and the points is the same as The Maxwell and it only 2.5 blocks away I think we have a winner.
The RI Midtown East has been our go-to for NYC for the past 3 or so years. Very good every time. Rooms are spacious by NYC standards, manager seems to be on top of the place.

Others nearby:
The Lexington (right next door to the RI Midtown East): Beautiful art deco hotel in need of a complete gut and has needed a complete gut for 10+ years. Rooms can be tiny, some aren't too bad. Housekeeping & service is spotty at best. HVAC unpredictable. F&B is an avoid at all costs -- there's a nice bodega across the street.
IC Barclay -- This used to be our main hotel until the renovation. Yes, the old design wasn't trendy & hip, but it was still very comfortable, well-maintained, and service was good. Only been back once since the renovation. Not a fan. Prices got a healthy boost post-reno as well.

RI Times Square -- Should be called RI Bryant Park, not Times Square, but that's a good thing. Busy hotel, rooms are a bit smaller but serviceable. Location is great and it's much quieter than being in the middle of Times Square. I've been staying here for 15(?) years now. The RI Midtown gets my first vote, but if that's not open, I'll often take this one instead.