FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Basic Economy Fare as of 2017 (also AY, BA, IB), incl. elite benefits (Master thread)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:34 am
TribalistMeathead

Originally Posted by Epinz300
Quick question with BE. I know you can pay to pick a seat 48 hrs before a flight with BE, can I get seats assigned and then change if I want? Or once a seat is assigned I am stuck there? Its about a $200 difference right now for a flight from DCA to TLH for a wedding for me and my wife. Its a regional jet so its 2-2 config and want to sit together. Any ideas or suggestions?
If you pay to have seats assigned in advance, you can change them between the time you purchase and the time the flight goes under airport control and no one can change their seats, yes. You'll also be able to see the seat map before you purchase and can opt not to purchase if there aren't two free seats next to each other. It should be about $11 per person to prebook a non-preferred seat and that seems to be the price systemwide on BE tickets (that's what we paid on ORD-DFW and the price that was offered when I did a dummy BE booking ORD-LHR a few months ago).