FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get value from Accor points?
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:52 am
pb9997

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Dav77

i wouldn’t say that “several” times rates that allow usage of Accor points are more expensive

i wouldn’t say also that usually Accor points are not allowed for any promotion

only promotions you are not allowed to use points are private sales or red ones.

It is the same at any hotel program.

Accor don’t have also any black out date using points

I think it’s a very good program if we talk about redemption with points.

I beg to differ. Just to name a few... Currently Hilton allows members to stay with points and accrue points on their "Unlimited Points" promo. 2,000 points per stay + 10,000 points on 5 stays or 10 nights, whichever is faster for the member.

Accor has not allowed members to accrue any points on their promos whenever a lone one point is included as part of the payment.

Accor does not have blackout dates because it mirrors a cash back program, that simple. But cash that can only be used on same or more expensive rates.

And customer service, when things go wrong, as they go quite often is a joke, on the customer's time and money.

To add insult to a severe injury, stays with points are allowed if and only the member is present. One cannot gift stays for third party use and redemption. And I am not even mentioning the non breakfast included for Platinums, and only one tier upgrade room, eventually from a room with one chair, to a room with two chairs.

Other programs are decades ahead.