FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA 9 LHR-BKK. Is it getting worse ?
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:05 am
walkingtall

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Sign47
Surely it is known by BA that the BA09 flight is poor? It seems it's only good value if you are starting ex-AMS. It's an old plane, about the worst quality AVOD/IFE that BA has on any long haul flight. Then there is the numerous reports of mixed fleet performance.

I know it's largely a leisure destination but because improvements have not been made over in recent years there is a stigma attached to this route. Many of the more savvy travellers would fly Qatar or Cathy or even MH and change rather than take the BA direct flight. After years of flying this route both in Club and Economy I doubt I'd ever consider it again and would hunt for better value flights with Qatar or Cathy or even MH.

If I decide I need the Tier Points or Avios or the BA metal flights for renewing BAEC status I'd just fly to KUL or HKG or SIN and transfer from there up to BKK.
Honestly i knew it wasn't the best choice , but using a Joker and 241 meant the use of other carriers was out, as i mentioned above i wasn't expecting anything great, the flight and actual sleep i got where fine it was just the service elements that where missing.