FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA100 departing soon (Friday 1 February at 11.30 to be precise)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:55 am
FEMW

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I thought it a well-produced video which does a reasonable job of representing the diversity and hopefully tolerance of today's Britain in the 90 seconds available. There's something of a warm fuzzy feeling around the use of a teddy bear - doesn't that take us all back to our childhood (or even just the non-celebrity safety video!)?

The negative reaction from some is, I suspect, because it perhaps doesn't meet the intensity of the build-up. With seemingly non-stop pushing of this for the last week, and a banner headline on BA.com, one might have expected something rather closer to a Hollywood blockbuster! In that sense, BA was only ever going to set itself up to disappoint, which is something of a shame - something launched with much less fanfare would have been a better ploy.
Given that 1 in 6 people (11 million) lose their hearing and being profoundly deaf myself thought it was appalling that no captions were included. The only bit of 'hearing impaired' in the video were 2 kids who used BSL(50,000 BSL users in UK and how many CC can use BSL?) for all of 2 seconds - that bit was captioned for you hearing people who don't understand BSL. I have tweeted back to BA and told them that in 2019 this video should not have got past the front door without subtitles. I have said I will submit my BAEC No for service recovery!! They have replied and will look at my feedback.

I may have only flown 30,574 miles but I am no less a customer than those that have done 20 million!

Rant over!