FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:13 pm
greglvnv

Programs: Amex, JPMR, Nexus
Originally Posted by casterpix343
Friend is thinking of applying for GE. I didn't have any experience with this so posting to see if anyone here can help. Is it even worth trying?

Has a 2010 "controlled substance with intent to distribute" charge where eventually the prosecution was declined and charges dropped (backstory: rented a zipcar, cops pulls over and smells something and searches and finds belongings of a prior renter with both a white and green surprise in large quantities).

He has all the court paperwork and the arrest record was later expunged. The couple years after the incident that he traveled he kept getting secondary since state expungements probably don't get removed from the fed system ever but that has since gone away. He has also travelled to over 50 countries for work including countries of likely concern in the middle east (e.g. UAE, Turkey etc).

Is this a waste of $100?
It sounds like it's not his fault, so I don't believe it's a waste but I would still have the arrest record expunged. FBI has to comply if there was a dismissal.