FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unable to upgrade to Premium seat on Corporate booking?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:22 pm
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
No it's not.
Basic Economy fares (including AS' equivalent) are all out of policy with our Corporate and therefore it's impossible to book such fare on any airline.
It's just regular Main Cabin economy ticket. I'm able to go to AS.com, pull up my reservation, select any seat in Coach including all aisles and windows. It's just that Premium seats have been blocked out, and it's been this way every single time. It stays this way even during the OLCI window (when I know for a fact that there're still seats up there available).
Again, it's never a problem with other airlines. AS keeps telling me they don't understand either.
Interesting. Have you asked to speak with an AS supervisor to see if they can delve into it further? Is there anything in the corporate travel portal that is flagging it to disallow changes outside the system? Just some thoughts, I have never booked a flight through one so I don't have direct knowledge of how they operate. Do you have status with AS? Is your MP# showing on the reservation?

James