FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Flights, Rooms, Cars, Cruises, Activities through Chase/Expedia portal.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:07 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alangore
After filling out a complete 2-passenger first class reservation on Alaska PHX-SEA on the Ultimate Rewards travel site, my booking dies with the above message because the site DOES NOT ACCEPT CHASE CARD NUMBERS. That's right, the very Sapphire Reserve on which I accumulated the UR points to make the reservation is not accepted. It wouldn't let me use my Amex instead, either.

This is the first time I have used the Chase travel site since the Expedia engine implementation. Last summer, before the changeover, I successfully made a reservation PHX-IND. Chase needs to tell Expedia to accept its own credit card numbers.
Have you contacted Chase Travel to let them know?

Were your card replaced therefore now has a different number than the original one? One poster has reported this problem after his card was replaced due to fraudulent charges.

Posting here is not enough. Anyone who cannot make booking NEEDS to make Chase know and escalate as high up as you can with the time you can spare to do so.
Otherwise, Chase would not be hurry up to get this fixed - because the issues have surfaced ever since Expedia took over, but Chase reps claim that only a few sporadic reports in this area and seemingly feel it is isolated incidents, completely ignoring the fact that not a single cardholder should be affected, let alone some are foced to give up their attempts to use UR pts because their bookings are much more urgent and cannot wait for Chase and Expedia to get their acts together.