FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Passport Renewal - Current Turnaround Times
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:04 pm
flyingbee

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by gms
That's what I'm hoping for!

My pressure is the fact that my wife's passport expires in December, but since it had extra months added it will effectively be useless for intra-Europe travel post the end of March in the event of a no deal Brexit (since Europe will only accept the first 10 years of validity from the date of issue and you will need 6 months validity on Passports).

Let's hope too many people haven't realised this yet and hers gets in before the chaos!
I've just realised that my passport that I was hoping to renew for a blue passport later in the year will not have the required validity at the end of March if there is no deal. I will therefore be applying to renew my passport in early March, along with two other family members whose passports also now need to be renewed before the end of March. So we will be adding to the chaos with passports that were normally planned to be renewed in October possibly November to get a blue passport. Its a double whammy with added months not being eligible and requiring 6 months validity as well.

With two passports I should be OK even if there is an extended processing period but it means it will be 9 years before I can get a blue passport because my other passport was renewed last year. I'm nostalgic for the blue passports, nothing political!