FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Renewal Information and Processing Timelines
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:28 am
Matt Rhodes

Programs: Global Entry, Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Matt Rhodes
Any updates from folks that have been waiting a while now that the shutdown is paused? I applied for GE renewal on November 8 after expiration, still pending.

I had a colleague tell me that over the summer her renewal took 3+ months, with no reason why and no interview needed. Given the month-long shutdown, I might have another two months of shoe and computer removal

On the upside, that minor inconvenience has generally been outweighed by the fact that non-Pre and non-GE lines have been much shorter than those premium lanes for the seven trips I've taken since my expiration. I even went international (well, Canada) and beat the GE people through customs. Timing is everything, I guess, and Clear definitely helps at SFO.
Well, here's another update: Finally approved today! No interview needed.

That was a trying couple of months for this travel nerd...

Expired November 1 (no notification about expiration or the need to create a new profile or GOES going away; found out by getting rejected in TSA Pre-check line at airport; oddly, I did have Pre on the way to that destination, and that flight was three days after my GE/Pre expiration)
Applied on November 8 (classified on TTP site as a renewal, not a new application)
As of December 3, still waiting for conditional approval
Approved January 31, no interview needed