FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not using outbound flight even if checked in?
Old Jan 31, 19, 2:49 am
UKtravelbear
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
A BA agent certainly can, with trivial keystrokes, restore the return segment after it is auto-cancelled.
The issue is how to convince the agent to do so.

After it auto-cancels, send BA a DM via Twitter vaguely saying you can’t see your flight home in Manage My Booking, ask if it is related to changing my outbound, attach your flown boarding pass to the tweet, and close with “just want to make sure i’m ready to fly on Sunday.”
the key strokes needed might only be trivial but the agent needs a good reason to over ride the auto cancel and that reason also needs to be good enough to convince a supervisor or manager as well.

The agent will also see that the passenger travelled on a different day to the same destination on an avios ticket.

Also the original outbound flight was never changed so how can the OP claim any sort of confusion? Especially given the purchase of the avios ticket?

This is as others have said risky and dishonest and promoting dishonesty is against flyer talk rules.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Jan 31, 19 at 2:52 am Reason: typos