FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to US?
Thread: Emirates to US?
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2004, 8:49 am
Down_the_back

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
DXB-EWR .. Long!

As a smoker and unless you have business right ourside of Newark, Don;t do it!

I go DXB-USA maybe 6 - 10 times per year, and was a fond favorite of EK to LGW then using AA to DFW or RDU......... I wil revert back to that in future, although now EK have a night flight DXB-LHR I will do that, with good conections to JFK/BOS/ORD/SFO/LAX even better.

As a smoker, the none stop 16 hours in a nightmare, particually when you then have to transfer on EWR, although the immigration queues were shorter.

Why do USA Airports not invest in a Fast Lane, like LHR or DXB for it's premium passengers?

Flew the new 340 from DXB in F class, whilst it was fine, it just went on and on and on... Needed a fag! Shall have one in London next time. Although, if you manage to book an F class ticket on line (which you STILL cannot do if you are going on from any destination) then your miles soon rock up!...

Still say EK/AA is best to transit in Europe....

Athough, I did AA (operated by LX) through ZHR the other month and my bags were pulled off for extra security screening (I have come from Afghanistan via Dubai) and of went my flight, to be given minimum connection in JFK to go to SFO and arrived 4 hours later than the flight through DFW that I was initially booked on. Surely Airlines know where bags have come from in advance and do not wait for it's passengers to tell them at the gate!