Old Jan 30, 19, 11:57 pm
Fanjet
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/CCarlson/HH:Silver; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by the810 View Post
Well, it indeed was generic but is it still going to be generic after refurbish? If they really plan to reflag it as Radisson Collection, they surely have higher ambitions with the property. I think it's reasonable to expect points rate going up.
I wonder what happens with Sobieski in a mid-term future. I preferred the property above Centrum but it's in desperate need for renovation and if Centrum gets better, I will see very few reasons for staying at Sobieski.
The Sobieksi isn't spectatcular. But in my opinion, it does give great value for the money. The Centrum always had much higher rates than them. And I think they did just "refurbish" their rooms. The last time I stayed there, the furniture was different. And in the past couple of years, they started including free breakfast if you were upgraded to a business class room. And even though it sits further out from the center than the Centrum, I find it to be much more convenient. Multiple tram and bus lines basically at the doorstep. As well as the commuter train station across the street. Plus, if I want to go to the old town or entertainment venues on Nowy Swiat, I can just hop on the 175 bus; same thing for the airport.