FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yes another loss of space on Holland America
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:07 pm
freecia

Originally Posted by hedoman
A general question directed to passengers that have been loyal to a certain line. How many times do you need to be hit over the head to get the message your favorite cruise line has chosen a path you should not support? I probably stayed with one line three years too long.
It is more the base fare prices being a bit high for me on 2019 for sailings this year on Celebrity. I've been rolling with a lot of the changes because I like sailing on newer ships and if business justifies it, new ships will come out. Edge Class ships are priced higher than I desire for the next two years and Solstice class deals only seem like deals priced next to Edge class. We're on a bit of a pause right now My travel loyalty lies with my wallet.

Cruise loyalty doesn't require yearly re-qualification so I get to keep some of the perks going forward. I do expect status perk devaluation like the hotels have but the next level up isn't worth the spend.