FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA MD-80 requiem - final 2019 routes and 4 Sep 2019 final flights
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:28 pm
Aselwyn

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DCP2016
That list is a bit outdated, currently there are 29 MD80's active with N501AA being the only MD82 and the rest being MD83's.
N501AA was the one sitting at the gate for my flight monday to YYZ that would have made it even slightly cooler with it being slightly shorter. but 83/88's are basically the same just Delta's vs AA's and some newer items for Delta's order. so will probably try and find a well priced trip this summer but wonder how i would position my self for many of these flights out of Toronto since i would not want to fly AA out of YYZ on there 737 Max they now seem to have scheduled in 14 days from now.

looks like DSM may be a good option its 320 ish Cad RT for a 4 day trip over a weekend in may on Delta and it would be YYZ-ATL-DSM all in a MD-88 its about $100 more then the DFW to DSM flights but i would save the positioning flight not sure what there is to do for a long weekend in iowa...

Last edited by Aselwyn; Jan 30, 2019 at 6:37 pm