FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Blu Centrum, Warsaw [Master Thread]
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:45 pm
the810

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jackebofh
Well, in Warsaw the difference between airport hotel and city center hotel is 10-15 minutes, so i get the sentiment, but the distinction is a bit forced here , This Radisson (green) would be a second one in Poland (there's one being finished building in Gdańsk as we speak). Anyway, there is no new information about the whole project, so discussing it is a bit pointless. I suspect the growth of the Radisson portfolio, even in such a booming market like Poland is limited due to the internal situation with Radisson Hotel Group, and the super-weak status of Radisson Rewards is also a contributing factor (as opposed to the boom of Hamptons and HGIs being built up all over the place in Poland, and the high popularity of Hilton Honors).
I was not aware of new property in Gdansk and automatically assumed the green logo is just a mistake and it would be Blu. This is an interesting development for me. I always considered "pure" green Radisson to be a legacy brand for failing US properties that are not good enough for Blu - perhaps something to consider for Sobieski I'm surprised to see they actually intend to introduce the brand in Europe.
Sure, WAW is quite close to the city centre but hotel right next to the airport tends to serve different market, hence the distinction