FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Card (UK)
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:42 pm
ragsk

Originally Posted by YClass
1. No fee. 1 additional Ti card and the rest lower tier cards. Can pay for additional Centurion cards if you want.
2. Quite a few, likely enough for your family. Can pay for additional Centurion cards if you want over and above the Primary and Supplementary and Additional Card (plastic).
3. Insurance applies to immediate family and supplementary card holders. Just google what Plat card has an assume Cent is is similar but improved e.g. with higher thresholds etc.
4. All costs covered. In my experience better to pay with Amex anyway as then everything is checked more easily, but its like any other insurance. Managed by AXA who are generally pretty good.

There is a thread somewhere on here with a comprehensive list of the benefits. But to summarise what I can remember:

Airlines: VS, EK Gold
Hotels: Melia, Hilton, Intercon, Shangri-La, R&C top tiers, SPG/Marriott, Club Carlsson mid-tier
Car Hire: Avis, Hertz top tiers
Personal Account Manager at some spend threshold. Acts as Concierge/Travel Agent in working hours.
Access to special Cent events and above some threshold priority access/extra special comp events just for high level Cent.
Comp access to certain London members clubs/discounts to join. Same goes for some night-club access.
Access to Centurion hotels and restaurants programs giving priority access for tables/special deals for rooms.
A bunch of other things I can't remember e.g. online shopping benefits (VIP at Net-a-Porter that kind of thing).

People on here will be interested to know: how much were you spending per year on your cards before getting invited, what cards did you have before and for how long, what were you spending on, anything else useful to know. Surprising to hear that you were not using a Plat Card before as that has been the typical path to an invite. Have the fees for Cent remained the same?

Thank you. The fees are £2,200 PA and £3,000 joining.

I have never owned a Platinum Card but do a have a Gold Corporate which I don't use that much. All the expenditure on my airline card is personal expense. I put things like watches, holidays, flights, shopping etc on it where feasible.

I didn't solicit the black card - I had heard about it years ago but never thought anything of it until this invite came through. I am not interested in the prestige of having it, just that it is appropriate for me and I can avail its benefits properly. Hence my queries. I spoke to Amex today and they were incredibly helpful and patient - they have confirmed what you have said on the insurance etc so thank you for that !