FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RTW in J: Cairo, Papua New Guinea, East Timor, Bali and Nepal
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:05 am
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Hyatt Regency Kathmandu

Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Club Room

The taxi had me at the Hyatt within 10-15 minutes. I'd booked this hotel on points because it was such a good deal compared to the cash rate. Since I had temporary Explorist status, the hotel upgraded me to a Club Room on the fifth floor. The hotel is about what I was expecting. Admittedly, the building feels a bit older than its actual age. It feels like a 100+ year old building, but it's only 20 years old.

Regardless, check-in was quick and I was in my room before 11PM. I'd arranged for a tour the following day, with a 9AM start time. Since I wanted to be up at 7AM, I went to bed straight away. The room was pretty quiet and I slept well.

Hotel Lobby
In daylight

Entryway

Bathroom

Bathroom

Bathroom

Bedroom

View from the Room

View from the Room

View from the Room

The next morning, I headed down to the buffet. The selection was pretty decent and they made me an omelette to order. Not the greatest Hyatt buffet, but good enough.

Breakfast

Skipping ahead a bit, after the tour the next day I had dinner in the room before departing for the airport.

Dinner Before Departure
Pizza and Perrier