FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian announces IAH via Lome, cuts LAX
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:00 am
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Their on board service is good, but airport and telephone customer service is sometimes lacking, but that's similar to other airlines as well, such as TK which many people really speak highly of. I've emailed ET's ticketing office a few times before and had good results from them, if that fails I'll just call their main office in Addis Ababa on Skype or Viber, it's not free but you get direct to the source. Though I do the same with most airlines as I find that the home country call centers are better staffed and generally you get right through instead of endless time on hold at the US call center. International calls on Skype or Viber are often so cheap these days that a few cents per minute is worth it to get whatever I need resolved quickly.
I'll try it.
I'm ready to cancel the trip due to the hassles of the call center. We were booked (2 people) on partner award tickets, in business class, so it was a tough award to come by once, and then again due to the first involuntary reroute. I'm not sure I'll find a routing that works for us a third time.