FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hints for first time visitors to Japan
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:36 am
ksandness

Programs: UA, NW
Originally Posted by salehir
had a question on transport.. I land at HND around 2240 and need to get to Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay hotel (Disneyland).. what do you suggest would be the best option.

I checked the limobus but I think that doesnt run after 11pm and I dont think I will be out of the airport till 1130-45 at the minimum
That's a tough one, since the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel is way on the other side of Tokyo. You will be getting out of Customs and Immigration after 11:00PM if your flight is on time, and the subways and JR trains start shutting down around midnight.

Unless others know of a later train or bus, you have two options:
1. Take a taxi. This will be very expensive, at least US$150 for the 25km distance, more if you start your trip after midnight, according to what I can find online.
2. Cancel your first night's reservation and stay at a hotel closer to the airport or at least to central Tokyo. Proceed to the Sheraton the next day.

I assume your goal is to visit Tokyo Disneyland, because that particular Sheraton is inconvenient for any other purpose. Even if you can't check into your room when you arrive at the Sheraton, the front desk will hold your bags until check-in time and probably move your bags to your room after check-in time, so that you can go off and enjoy Disneyland.