FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enhanced customer service commitment including free DirecTV on all DTV A/C.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:28 am
EWR764

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Long, long overdue, but a nice amenity. It's older tech (not AVOD, not touch screen, not HD), but the best inflight TV suite there is. Too bad the plan appears to be to remove the LTV system when the contract expires, which I assume is within the next few years.

Originally Posted by jp12687
Except the vast majority of their planes do not feature DTV and have defective streaming options. They still fly a ton of "dark" 737 planes with no IFE.
The 'dark' 737s were the -900ERs that came with no entertainment options whatsoever, prior to installing and activating streaming IFE. Every 70+ seat airplane at least has a streaming option, which I find to be working properly about 9 in 10 flights. Conversely, two of my most recent 3 757-200 (75B) flights in Y had completely inoperative IFE, once only at my seat and once in the whole cabin. In that case, I actually used the streaming instead. So, YMMV.

Originally Posted by BigJC
Exactly. I always end up watching the Flight Map or turning it off.
It's sort of obviated by the wifi login page now (and Google maps, if you know...) but this gets a ^ from me. Now, if only the primitive map could be updated to provide a bit more information, or slightly higher resolution!