FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Club World (Genuinely something new)
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:44 am
alex67500

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by GTR56
I would be surprised if its the Qsuite given that it doesn't fit on the 787 + A380 (upper deck)

I would think its more likely to be the super diamond with a door which has been developed and linked earlier in this thread.

Seeing as no one else has done it yet with the super diamond it would give them a unique product at launch and allow them to call it a "suite".

I can't see it being fitted to any 747s or older 777s.
There have been a few comments (both on HfP and elsewehere) of people recounting interaction with BA staff speaking about QSuites. Even a light version of those would be a nice upgrade, but people might book CW rather than F in that case ;-). And re:747s, the planes are due for retirement by 2024 I believe, by which time they'll have maybe finalised the retrofit of other models. Doubtful they'll change the seats on the Queen. Sadly.

OTOH, if they are taking the QSuites, why don't they give something back to QR and simply keep the QSuite name? </sarcasm>

And last, Club World Suite can't work. FT already has one CWS, and the seat can't live up to the legacy.