FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice for 5 nights in LA (previously: SFO or LAX in Nov/Dec?)
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:12 am
Flying Yazata

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Well, it's typical for my travels that things change as I discover new airfares. So it's going to be CA after all. 5 nights in LA, arriving on Black Friday.

I'm looking to rent a car (most likely from Sixt, based on the current rates for Hertz) as I'll probably cruise around a bit. Most likely wouldn't plan renting, if it would've been SFO. Based on your responses, it's not all too convenient to have a car there.

Any recommendations for where to stay with a rental car as your bless and burden? I.e. which area/s would you recommend? You're also free to suggest why I should skip a rental in LA.

Mainly thinking about traffic and how long driving takes. I have Best Western Platinum status, so I did look up their options, but there's so many options to choose from and it's not easy to evaluate the hotel locations as a first timer in LA. Accor Hotels doesn't have any plausible options for me, but I'm open to grab something with Booking.com. I also have Gold with Radisson, but there's much less options than with all BW brands combined.