FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:40 pm
ginmqi

Wow so many variations of data points of people who are lol/24 approved and others who are way under x/24 getting denied.

I had an Arrivals+ card 2+ years go and it has been closed for quite some time now (should be 2yr+)

This language scares me:
Bonus Miles:Primary Cardmembers will earn 70,000 bonus miles if you use your new credit card account to make $5,000 in Net Purchases within ninety (90) days of your credit card account being opened. This one-time 70,000 miles offer is valid for first-time cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited time offer and may be cancelled at any time without notice.
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

From time to time, we may offer bonuses of miles or other incentives to new Barclaycard Arrival Plus Mastercard cardmembers in connection with an application for a new account. These bonuses and/or incentives are intended for persons who are not and have not previously been Barclaycard Arrival Plus Mastercard cardmembers. You understand and agree that you may no longer be eligible for any bonuses and/or incentives in connection with a new Barclaycard Arrival Plus Mastercard account after this Account is opened. If you receive a bonus or incentive for which you are not eligible due to your status as a current or former Barclaycard Arrival Plus Mastercard cardmember, we may revoke the bonus or incentive, or reduce your miles by the amount of the bonus or incentive, or charge your Account for the fair value of the bonus or incentive, in our sole discretion.
https://www.barclaycardus.com/applyc...Cs.jsp?tc39598

Since I've already been an Arrivals+ cardmember before, I assume I'm in their database and that I am not eligible for these bonuses? (The 2nd quote mentions clawback and even charging you for the fair value of the bonus miles!)

Hence I'm surprised to hear people who have had this card already in the past, getting it again. Do they just not enforce that rule very harshly?