FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:41 pm
ChelseaBlue1905

Originally Posted by cuzzybro
Apologies if this has been repeated: but following on from the news over the past two weeks that SQ has released First Class Suites availability to certain *A partners (seems to be max 1 seat per flight) on certain long haul routes to partners, I was tempted to see if Virgin could possibly also access this unicorn space too, and to my surprise they could and it was 100% bookable non-phantom space lol. This is despite the following stated on the VS website for SQ redemptions: "Spending miles: Redemptions in Business Class and First Class on their A380-800, 777-300ER, and A350-900 aircraft types are not available."

I ended up hurriedly using VS miles to book three separate one ways in Suites Class on the A380, 1x Ex-Auckland (AKL-SIN), and 2x ex-Singapore (SIN-AKL) to link up some other bookings. Looking forward to checking out the private room in Changi ^.
Each one way was 65k miles one way (I transferred US AMEX miles during the recent 30% bonus, so 50K one way - epic deal!), and incurred nominal taxes for the bookings, ~40 NZD ex. Auckland and ~80 NZD ex. Singapore. SQ specific PNRs check out on the SQ website, and reservations are ticketed and confirmed.

Call times on the three separate occasions were: 6 minutes (seriously); 32 minutes; and 17 minutes. Happy hunting!
I'm very late to the party, clearly, but does anybody know if this is still possible? I'd love to use some VS miles on SQ for the premium cabins