FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2019 edition
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:19 pm
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mike88m
New poster here but long-time Avios user. I just ran into a potentially huge issue. We spend 600k avios for 4 nights at the Rosewood Phuket. Had to leave after one night due to medical emergency and flew back to NA only 20hrs after arrival. Hotel policy is one night penalty for cancellation but says since i booked with a "travel agency" i have to go through them. BAEC agent quoted me $8000 to get my 600k Avios redeposited. Any advice?
welcome to ft!

if i do a dummy avios booking for this hotel these seems to be the conditions - which seem to show no refunds if cancelled beyond less than three days. is this the basis of your booking? I have no idea what the $8000 relates to, perhaps they are trying to quote for you to buy 600k avios? would your travel insurance cover any of this cost?

Avios Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations made within 3 days of Travel : No Refunds permitted
Cancellations made up to 3 days before travel : £35 administration fee + the Supplier Cancellation Fee as detailed below.

Suppier Cancellation Fee:
This reservation is non-refundable once booking is completed. Additional cancellation fees may apply.

Hotel supplied by Travelscape LLC
Travelscape LLC Terms and Conditions

(a) Cancellation Policy – The Customers agree that the accommodation booking made is subject to the cancellation policy set out in the booking page.
(b) Contracting Party – The Customer acknowledges and agrees that: (i) Travelscape, LLC is the supplier to the Customer in respect of any Hotel Room and (ii) that Avios is the supplier in respect of any other EAN Travel Products.
(c) Personal Data – The Customer agrees that Avios may transfer personal data belonging to the Customer and other persons on behalf of whom the Customer is making a booking of EAN Travel Products to EAN and/or its Corporate Affiliates for the purposes of facilitating the booking and providing after sales support (if any) of those EAN Travel Products.

View Travelscape LLC full T&C’s here

Cancellation Policy
This rate is non-refundable. If you choose to change or cancel this booking you will not be refunded any of the payment.