FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Boarding with Chase Aer Club credit card?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:12 am
mccartje

Originally Posted by SSintheair
Priority boarding is a listed perk of the card. I last traveled with EI a few weeks after the card was released and the gate staff at JFK knew nothing about the card or the boarding perk. I'm flying DUB-JFK next week, anyone know if they are now up to speed and offering priority boarding? Do they make an announcement for card holders or should I just go to the priority line with my card.

Cheers.
I'd just rock up to the priority line, if challenged show the card and explain but I doubt you'll be challenged too firmly.

Originally Posted by CALlegacy
Don't most airlines print your boarding priority on the boarding pass? That would be automatic in the system when you got the card and pass through when you booked the flight.. Flashing a card in the gate area is not likely to be helpful. It might not be a surprise that GAs know nothing in particular about this.
EI is quite poor at this and I would imagine their systems are nowhere near recognizing you have paid with the chase card and slapping priority boarding on it. I'm pretty sure status members don't get priority boarding on the boarding pass automatically. At least the last time I flew without having priority boarding automatically included with fare type it had nothing on the BP, but had my status is printed so easy to show I belonged there if checked. This may have been fixed now as when booking it pops up as included so no option to purchase.

Last edited by mccartje; Jan 29, 2019 at 9:34 am Reason: clarification