FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Chicago Cragin / Oak Park - anyone?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:13 am
dukefleed

Programs: Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Question Hertz Chicago Cragin / Oak Park - anyone?

Hi everyone. I am trying to figure out where/what to rent for our summer trip, which will start in Chicago. If I rent at O'Hare I get, let's say, 100% as price. If I rent in downtown Chicago (Loop area)
I can leave the car at ORD with no additional cost, but it will cost me 150%. There are a few other non-central locations where I could rent, leaving the car at ORD, at the price of 70% or even less.
Two of these places are Chicago Cragin HLE (W Belmont Ave) and Oak Park HLE. They are almost at the same distance from downtown.
Any comments on these location would be greatly appreciated. I read some rude comments on the web but you know people get screwed up maybe for waiting 10 minutes more or so ...
Also, should I rent in one of these locations, which of the two is more easily (quickly) reachable from downtown (both ways as I should drive back to downtown to pick up family and luggage ...)?
And .... more important: would it be better to rent at ORD, paying the extra fee (that would mean around $200 in my case)?
Thank you !!!

Last edited by dukefleed; Jan 29, 2019 at 8:15 am Reason: forgot ...