FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China and Japan on TG/JL/QF Y, CX J
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:41 am
antebellum

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Guangzhou (Part 1 continued)

Since I had a day off from office, more walk and explore...

Compared to explores few days ago, this was obviously the older part of Guangzhou. Many buildings here existed for perhaps over hundred years now.

Mix of old and new. I asked my friend, he said back in 2010, the government wanted to show the old city to visitors coming to Guangzhou for Asian Games, then you had those investments into resurfacing with concretes and stones that looked like constructed back in the old days.

Perhaps those houses will be worth tens (or even hundred) of millions when they sold it to real estate developers.

Does KFC sells matcha soft serve now? I'll pass it this time anyway.

I walked to a nearby shopping centre. Not many people inside.

This one is for you, sfo777. That "go fun" in Air China lounge CTU you posted was funny, but this one? Oh my...

They had a pop-up snack street or what, I didn't try anything from the stalls, but there's nothing exotic like fried cockroach when I visited similar stalls in Beijing few years ago.

My business partner called me to join his end-of-year dinner with around 10 of his staffs. The food was excellent, especially the king crab in cheese sauce and e-fu noodles. I'll let pictures speak for themselves, mostly:

After that dinner, it's time for obligatory pre-trip packing and get everything sorted out before 9 days in Japan.