FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:11 am
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by mamau
I have not been told that they are being fixed, no SD or no tech ever mentioned this. All they tell me is that's a known issue. The solution may be available, but not being implemented to my knowledge. It may be a matter of 'when'.
Several people on FT speak to the powers that be at AC and have relayed the fact that they have a fix which, last I read, was delayed due to fire testing or something. It does as you say appear to be taking a little too long but as I’ve posted I don’t personally feel AC is prioritizing it as much as they could - probably because they’re still filling J and occasionally giving out token coupons that force people to fly more AC. And some might comment on a new reluctance from SDs to provide the requisite form.

Originally Posted by ksm06
Back from SFO yesterday on the red eye and when I tried to sleep noticed the top half totally deflated. The in charge said she had never seen this before
Must be a new FA/SD on these planes then. I can’t believe anyone who flies regularly on the afflicted planes hasn’t seen it before.