FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - use miles+copay to upgrade my Dad's flight without telling him.. so he sat in coach
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:21 pm
geometry

Programs: UA, LH, BA
use miles+copay to upgrade my Dad's flight without telling him.. so he sat in coach

I used mile+copay to upgrade my Dad's TATL flight. I didn't tell him about it because it didn't clear at the time I request the upgrade.

I monitored the reservation and the upgrade finally cleared about 2 and half hours before the flight. However, I was not able to reach him by phon because his Google Fi phone didn't work. I just figured that UA would page him at the gate or get him the new boarding pass.(he checked in online the night before from his hotel and printed the boarding pass on the hotel printer) He had no checked bags.

Well... when he landed, he called me and I found out that he was never issued a new boarding pass. He sat in coach(E+) on the flight.

What do I do now? Was it my fault for not telling him? Is there any chance that UA will refund the miles and money? The only "proof" that I have is the pics that he took while sitting in the exit row window seat during the flight and the boarding pass.

Thanks!