Old Jan 28, 19, 12:21 pm
rj123456

Programs: AAdvantage 2MM+ Lifetime PLT; BA, CO, UA, US; SPG; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Utskicat View Post
Just to clarify industry terms (as previously mentioned in another post) Expedia is NEVER the "marketing carrier". The marketing carrier is just the carrier whose flight number is on the ticket. Expedia is just the travel agency. In your case, it sounds like you had an exception fare (bulk fare). If the Jet operated flights were listed as DL flight numbers, you would earn on Delta's exception fare policy. (See DL website). On an exception fare booked into Z with DL flight number booked on Jet, you WOULD get credit. I would fight this with Delta. If the exception fare had pure Jet flight numbers, I have to admit, I don't what the policy is there for exception fares.
I just did CMB-BOM-AMS-SFO with a 006 ticket purchased on delta.com in Z, all DL codeshares with DL flight numbers. The first two were operated by Jet and the last leg was on KL.

How does one know whether the standard Delta "5-12 miles/$ spent" rule applies or the Exception fare rule applies for mileage credit?

Since I did not know where to credit I left my Skymiles number off and have now sent an email to Virgin FlyingClub asking for credit for the Jet legs as those appear to be at 200%. If I get rejected by VS can I try DL?