FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RTW in J: Cairo, Papua New Guinea, East Timor, Bali and Nepal
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:19 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
EgyptAir Business Class: Cairo - Dubai

EgyptAir
Business Class (J)
SQ Business Class Ticket
MS910: CAI-DXB (Cairo to Dubai)
16 January 2019
Airbus A330-300 (Two Class Configuration)
SU-GDS
Seat 10D

Departure: 10:30PM
Arrival: 3:45AM+1

I purchased this routing to Australia mainly because it was the cheapest option available and it gave me the opportunity to have a long layover in Dubai. Etihad had some similarly priced options, but flight timings were worse and a stop in Abu Dhabi was not overly appealing.

I arrived at the airport super early, so I killed some time at the landside Burger King in T3. Feeling pretty gross at that point, the sinus infection was starting to assert itself. As a result, not many photos for this flight.

After waiting around, I passed through security and immigration, then headed to the entirely underwhelming EgyptAir lounge. I found a sole working outlet, so I was able to charge my phone and use the wifi. But that's about it.

Before long, it was time to board. I'd planned to sleep on this flight, so I have no idea if there was any kind of meal service. I reclined as soon as we were in the air and did my best to get some sleep. I probably managed 90 minutes of mediocre sleep before it was time to land. The seats were not even remotely close to flat beds (perhaps 150 degrees of recline), but decent enough. The seats were a similar to design to those used by THAI in its two class widebodies.

Chocolate Bar and Semi-Flat Bed Seats

After landing, it was a short wait for immigration and customs. Once landside, I ordered an Uber to take me to my hotel so I could get some proper sleep.