FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Unconfirmed] rumor : Bonvoy titanium to get more benefits
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:36 am
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by 1973 Ford Pinto
You don't get "guaranteed suite upgrades".

You get suite upgrades if available.

SNAs clear (up to) 5 days in advance (in theory), not at time of arrival/check-in.
You forgot language ... You get suite upgrades if available and the property is willing to comply with the T&C rather than leave them empty."

For example, I was at a legacy SPG property on Saturday with several suites, they would upgrade me to a One Bedroom Suite for $200, even though I am PPE+A and a repeat guest at the property.

In the legacy Marriott world, pre 8/18, many (but not all) legacy Marriott properties prioritized legacy Plat Premier guests (a very different level than the current PPE) for suite upgrades and I was often upgraded to nice suites before arrival.

I'm hoping that the new levels which are easier to distinguish will return to the pre 8/18 days of identifying the best customers and prioritizing them before arrival.