FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RTW in J: Cairo, Papua New Guinea, East Timor, Bali and Nepal
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:47 am
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
EgyptAir Business Class: Madrid - Cairo

EgyptAir
Business Class (J)
SQ Business Class Award
MS754: MAD-CAI (Madrid to Cairo)
15 January 2019
Boeing 737-800 (Two Class Configuration)
SU-GEN
Seat 10A

Departure: 2:50PM
Arrival: 8:55PM

Back at the airport, I hit the pharmacy to load up on cold meds and tissues before taking the shuttle to MAD T1. This was my first visit to T1 and it was crowded with a somewhat inefficient/confusing layout. Check-in opened shortly after I arrived, and I was through security a few minutes later. Gold Track was essentially deserted, unsurprisingly.

T1 isn't bursting with lounge options, so I went to the contract lounge upstairs and had a short nap in a recliner by the window views. The apron and runway views were pretty great, I must say. Unfortunately, my attempt at sleep was disturbed by an Italian man listening to Pearl Jam and Stevie Nicks full blast on his phone's speaker. Without headphones. But at least, the music ceased when he paused to have loud phone conversations.

Before long, it was time to board. The gate area was very crowded.

SU-GEN
Egpytian Football Team Livery

J Cabin
Typical Regional J seat.

J Cabin
Same seat used by numerous operators.

Cubana Il-96-300
Don't see these too often

Starters
The bresaola dish was decent. The tabbouleh was not good.

Meatballs and Potatoes
Tasted fine, if a bit greasy

EgyptAir Chocolate Bar
They handed these out after dessert (which I'd skipped)

PMS Issues, eh?

Four Kinds

Sunset

Overall, the flight was fairly uneventful. The J cabin was perhaps half full and we landed on time at CAI. Fairly unremarkable flight overall. I'd fly them again.